Our instructors offer a range of relevant yoga classes developed through years of experience with a variety of yoga styles and philosophies. All levels of yoga practitioners are welcome. Check the current class schedules for your choices of:
- Yoga Basics Plus (Jackie) – Practice the traditional yoga poses (asanas) with awareness, breath and intention. Savasana completes our practice. Open to all levels.
- Chakra Balancing Flow (Jackie) – Gentle movement with breath, exploring through the chakra system of the body. We always save time for relaxation at the end of the hour. Open to all levels.
- Aligned and Well – Therapeutic Yoga (Jackie) – targeted towards the beginner yoga practitioner. If you are new to the practice, I would encourage you to start here and see what you think and feel! Some days we will start in chairs, and others we will start standing with a Chi Gong warm-up matched with the breath. Alignment, breath and mindfulness in movement will be emphasized. Relaxation at the end.
- Movement, Mantra, and Meditation (Jackie) – Begin with gentle movement, waking up the body in a focused and intentional way, matching our breath with each movement. Continue with some “soundings” of mantra and music; the session ends with a short guided meditation. Open to all levels.
- Restorative and Yoga Nidra (Jackie) – Join Jackie for gentle Restorative yoga…the first half of this class we will be using our yoga props to support and allow the body to fully relax into the long-hold yoga poses…we use gravity to our advantage to help the body open and slowly release tension. The second half of the class will be the guided meditation for further and deeper relaxation of Yoga Nidra. You will be laying down with the support of bolsters and blankets to enhance your relaxation. This class is a 100% donation class with all donations collected going to the Guild Scholarship Fund for our community.
Jackie’s classes incorporate elements of poetry, inspirational readings, music, and yogic philosophy within the practice session.
- Vinyasa (Megan) – Energetic while remaining mindful, this flow class picks up the pace with lively flows and deeper postures. Vinyasa classes are suitable for all levels, with variations and modifications offered throughout the class to support beginner students.
- Yin/Yang Yoga (Megan) – Slower paced and gentler than traditional vinyasa, this class balances yang (active/heat) with yin (restorative/cooling). We will link basic postures with breath and follow the movement sequence with a yin (long hold) practice. The gentle nature of this class is great for intermediate beginners, but also wonderful for more advanced students who feel like slowing it down and sinking deeper into their practice.
- Vinyasa Flow (Sarah Van Der Stad)
A fun vinyasa flow that follows the breath from a gentle warm up to more energetic asana, playful transitions, and closes with a luxurious cool down and meditation. Poses are offered in a variety of modifications for all levels to enjoy and explore.
- Come As You Are; Leave Feeling Better! Yoga (Sue) – A slower moving vinyasa-style class with a gentle touch. With variations for any and all levels, each class is a moving meditation that finishes with restorative poses. This class is designed to bring awareness to body, mind and spirit. Open to all levels.
- Gentle Yoga 55+ (Janet) – This class takes all the benefits of yoga – meditation, breathing, stretching, strengthening and balance, in a relaxed setting. Perfect for beginners and the young at heart, if not body.
- Kundalini Yoga (Rene) – “the yoga of awareness .” It is a combination of Bhakti yoga (the yogic practice of devotion and chanting), Raja yoga (the practice of meditation / mental and physical control), and Shakti yoga (for the expression of power and energy). Kundalini yoga helps people achieve their maximum creative potential and realize their life purpose.
Matworks Pilates with Sefi
Traditional mat work Pilates exercises to tone, strengthen and increase body awareness using flex bands, resistance bands and body rolling balls to release and elongate tight muscles, improve posture and restore the body to its optimal, neutral balance. Resistance training will include flex bands and mini bands. Suitable for all levels.
Ball Blast with Sefi
Learn new exercises on the stability ball that help create greater body awareness. Exercise variation will target the upper and lower body including arms, shoulders, legs, abs, and balance in an all-around toning routine. Suitable for participants who have some experience using a stability ball, but newcomers are welcome!
Barre with Emily
Designed for all levels, this class is rooted in yoga, Pilates and dance. We focus on low impact movements to tone your body, strengthen your muscles and get your heart rate up, all to the beat of energetic music. We incorporate aerobic conditioning and have targeted stretching.
Tai Chi with Hans (8 classes. All levels)
An 8-week non-competitive basic class for women and men, using a progressive style and featuring a free form warm-up, structured training segment, and a complete 24-form Taoist style session. Tai Chi’s balance and agility practice helps prevent falls, improves posture, breathing, and also builds up immunity to disease. Tai Chi can improve mental health, relieve depression, and reduce stress.
Starts in early December with 2 extra weeks (for a total of 10) to make up for the two holidays, Christmas and New Years Day 2019.
Nia with Kathi
Nia is a fitness and lifestyle practice designed for sustainability in the body. Nia blends nine movement forms from the dance arts, the martial arts and the healing arts into a barefoot cardio workout that supports stability, mobility, flexibility, agility and strength within a single program. Nia, combining music, movement and magic, offers the perfect balance of form and freedom.
Singing for Fun with Jeanette
Experience the magic of making music with others who love and want to sing, in a safe, supportive and fun environment. Participants play with a variety of enjoyable exercises that include stretching, breathing, vocalizing, and spontaneous improvisation, to open, expand, explore and refine their singing voices. We will join our voices in a variety of grooves, sounds and songs in circle and small groups. Open to people of all ages, musical abilities and languages. We will be communicating in the universal language of music. The workshop is delivered with humor and enthusiasm with the intention of empowering the participants to sing full out and love it in process!
Check out a bit of my past work here.